Last updated: 26th May 2018.
About Breathing Relief™
Breathing Relief Ltd. (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Breathing Relief Ltd. whose registered office address is at 28 Station Rd, Edgware HA8 7AB.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.breathingrelief.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion by a third party and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for up to 2 years.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Any personal data collected through our web forms which does NOT include any credit or bank card information.
- We do not hold any financial info such as credit/debit card numbers. For payments, we use a third party platform (PayPal and Stripe).
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section below.
- We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email e.g. newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by sending us an email requesting so at [email protected]:
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message and/or post with information, news and offers on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies, as detailed below. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child. Signing up to be a member or a partner is considered a legitimate interest.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.]
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. When these are added to the site, you will be given the option to opt out of them.
If you submit your details to us or if you continue to use our site, you agree to our use of our functional cookies.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. For more information visit All About Cookies.
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
- Estimate our audience size or usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
The cookies “_utma”, “_umtb”, “_utmc”, “_utmz” are used by our website to track traffic to our website using Google Analytics.
The cookies “basket_id” and “basket_user” are used by our website to track your basket when using the ordering facility of our website.
The cookie “cookie_directive” is used to determine if you have dismissed the cookie notification box.
The cookies “TT2_X” and “PHPSESSID” used for affiliate link tracking.
The cookie “ip_country” is used for determining your location between our different websites.
Except for essential cookies and any periods for expiry specified above, all cookies will expire after [18 months].
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data or permit selected third parties and our partners [http://www.tselitegroup.com and www.theoutdoorshop.com] to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email or SMS.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer and where we permit selected third parties and our partners to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties and our partners for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Breathing Relief Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
The right described above does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given you explicit consent.
Where We use your personal data for profiling purposes, the following shall apply:
- Clear information explaining the profiling will be provided, including its significance and the likely consequences;
- Appropriate mathematical or statistical procedures will be used;
- Technical and organisational measures necessary to minimise the risk of errors and to enable such errors to be easily corrected shall be implemented; and
- All personal data processed for profiling purposes shall be secured in order to prevent discriminatory effects arising out of profiling.
- We currently profile your personal data, only if you are a volunteer that sent us your cv to volunteer with us.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
When using Coupon codes you can only redeem the number of products that you are eligible to redeem the coupon or voucher when you have purchased the voucher from a 3rd party. If there is an error in our system and you receive a confirmation for more product than you are eligible for we have the right to only post out hat which you are eligible for and our customer service team will attempt to contact you to confirm this either by phone or email.
Copyright in all information, text and images featured on our site is owned by or licensed to Breathing Relief Ltd. If you need to download one copy of any of the works on this site for the purposes of study or journalism please contact us for our consent and note that if consent is given you are not entitled to make more copies of that work.
We will aim to process and send out your order within the timescales given below:
Recorded UK – 2-5 working days
2nd Class Europe – 1-2 weeks
Rest of the World – 2-4 weeks
NB: Weekend orders will not be processed until Monday
Returns & Refunds
To be eligible for an immediate refund, you must return your item to us in the same condition you received it, with the securitainer unopened and the return must be postmarked within 30 days of shipment.
If you are unsatisfied with the product once opened, please contact us within 30 days and we will endeavour to help you. We will arrange for a representative to call you and if we are unable to help the product work for you, then we will request that the product be returned and we will offer a full refund.
Please note that some of the packaging mentions that a cleansing dome has been included but due to hygiene this has been replaced by a much user-friendly, tamper proof securitainer pot.
Changes to these policies